- having or involving a pressure above the normal: high-pressure steam.
- vigorous; persistent; aggressive: high-pressure salesmanship.
verb (used with object), high-pres·sured, high-pres·sur·ing.
- to employ aggressively forceful and unrelenting sales tactics on (a prospective customer): high-pressured into buying a car.
- having, using, involving, or designed to withstand a pressure above normal pressurea high-pressure gas; a high-pressure cylinder
- informal (of selling) persuasive in an aggressive and persistent manner