- (of a building) having a comparatively large number of stories and equipped with elevators: a high-rise apartment house.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of high-rise buildings.
- of or being a small-wheeled bicycle with high handlebars and a banana-shaped seat.
- Also high rise, high-riser. a high-rise apartment or office building.
- (prenominal)of or relating to a building that has many storeys, esp one used for flats or officesa high-rise block Compare low-rise
- (as noun)a high-rise in Atlanta