noun U.S. Furniture.

  1. a tall chest of drawers on legs, usually in two sections set one on top of the other.Compare tallboy, lowboy.


  1. US and Canadian a tall chest of drawers in two sections, the lower section being a lowboyBrit equivalent: tallboy

“tall chest of drawers,” 1891, American English (cf. tallboy); a hybrid, the second element is from French bois “wood” (see bush).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

49 queries 1.345