- without lapse of time; without delay; instantly; at once: Please telephone him immediately.
- with no object or space intervening.
- closely: immediately in the vicinity.
- without intervening medium or agent; concerning or affecting directly.
- Chiefly British. the moment that; as soon as.
- without delay or intervention; at once; instantlyit happened immediately
- very closely or directlythis immediately concerns you
- near or close byhe’s somewhere immediately in this area
- (subordinating) mainly British at the same time as; as soon asimmediately he opened the door, there was a gust of wind