- the branch of science dealing with the components of the immune system, immunity from disease, the immune response, and immunologic techniques of analysis.
- the branch of biological science concerned with the study of immunity
- A specialist in immunology.
- The branch of biomedicine that is concerned with the structure and function of the immune system, innate and acquired immunity, and laboratory techniques involving the interaction of antigens with antibodies.
- The scientific study of the structure and function of the immune system.