- not possible; unable to be, exist, happen, etc.
- unable to be done, performed, effected, etc.: an impossible assignment.
- incapable of being true, as a rumor.
- not to be done, endured, etc., with any degree of reason or propriety: an impossible situation.
- utterly impracticable: an impossible plan.
- hopelessly unsuitable, difficult, or objectionable.
- incapable of being done, undertaken, or experienced
- incapable of occurring or happening
- absurd or inconceivable; unreasonableit’s impossible to think of him as a bishop
- informal intolerable; outrageousthose children are impossible