- not correct as to fact; inaccurate; wrong: an incorrect statement.
- improper, unbecoming, or inappropriate: incorrect behavior; incorrect attire.
- not correct in form, use, or manner: an incorrect copy.
- false; wrongan incorrect calculation
- not fitting or properincorrect behaviour
early 15c., “uncorrected,” from Latin incorrectus “uncorrected,” from in- “not” (see in- (1)) + correctus (see correct). Sense of “not in good style” is from 1670s; that of “factually wrong, erroneous, inaccurate” is from 1610s (implied in incorrectly).