- not capable.
- not having the necessary ability, qualification, or strength to perform some specified act or function: As an administrator, he is simply incapable.
- without ordinary capability; incompetent.
- a thoroughly incompetent person, especially one of defective mentality.
- incapable of,
- not having the ability, qualification, or strength for (a specified act or function).
- not open to; not susceptible to or admitting: These materials are incapable of exact measurement.
- legally unqualified for.
- (when postpositive, often foll by of) not capable (of); lacking the ability (to)
- powerless or helpless, as through injury or intoxication
- (postpositive foll by of) not susceptible (to); not admitting (of)a problem incapable of solution