- without logical or meaningful connection; disjointed; rambling: an incoherent sentence.
- characterized by such thought or language, as a person: incoherent with rage.
- not coherent or cohering: an incoherent mixture.
- lacking physical cohesion; loose: incoherent dust.
- lacking unity or harmony of elements: an incoherent public.
- lacking congruity of parts; uncoordinated.
- different or incompatible by nature, as things.
- Physics. (of a wave) having a low degree of coherence.Compare coherent(def 4).
- lacking in clarity or organization; disordered
- unable to express oneself clearly; inarticulate
- physics (of two or more waves) having the same frequency but not the same phaseincoherent light