- coming in; arriving: the incoming tide.
- newly arrived or received: incoming mail; incoming orders.
- succeeding, as an officeholder: the incoming mayor.
- accruing, as profit.
- entering, beginning, etc.: all incoming students.
- Chiefly British. immigrant.
- Scot. ensuing.
- the act of coming in; arrival; advent: the incoming of spring.
- Usually incomings. funds received; revenue.
- coming in; entering
- about to come into office; succeeding
- (of interest, dividends, etc) being received; accruing
- the act of coming in; entrance
- (usually plural) income or revenue
late 14c., “action of coming in,” from in + coming. As a present participle adjective, from 1753. Of game, from 1892; transferred in World War I to artillery; as a warning cry of incoming shellfire, it seems to date to the U.S. war in Vietnam (1968).