- without due regard for the rights or feelings of others: It was inconsiderate of him to keep us waiting.
- acting without consideration; thoughtless; heedless.
- overhasty; rash; ill-considered: slovenly, inconsiderate reasoning.
- lacking in care or thought for others; heedless; thoughtless
- rare insufficiently considered
1520s, from Late Latin inconsiderationem (nominative inconsideratio) “inconsiderateness,” from inconsideratus (see inconsiderate).
late 15c., “done thoughtlessly,” literally “not properly considered,” from Latin inconsideratus “headstrong, unadvised, thoughtless,” from in- “not, opposite of” (see in- (1)) + consideratus (see consider). Related: Inconsiderately; inconsiderateness.