- something added or gained; addition; increase.
- profit; gain.
- the act or process of increasing; growth.
- an amount by which something increases or grows: a weekly increment of $25 in salary.
- one of a series of regular additions: You may make deposits in increments of $500.
- the difference between two values of a variable; a change, positive, negative, or zero, in an independent variable.
- the increase of a function due to an increase in the independent variable.
- an increase or addition, esp one of a series
- the act of increasing; augmentation
- maths a small positive or negative change in a variable or function. Symbol: Δ, as in Δ x or Δ f
mid-15c., “act or process of increasing,” from Latin incrementum “growth, increase; an addition,” from stem of increscere “to grow in or upon” (see increase). Meaning “amount of increase” first attested 1630s.
- The process of increasing in number, size, quantity, or extent.
- Something added or gained.
- A small positive or negative change in the value of a variable.