- not definite; without fixed or specified limit; unlimited: an indefinite number.
- not clearly defined or determined; not precise or exact: an indefinite boundary; an indefinite date in the future.
- very numerous or not easily counted, as stamens.
- (of an inflorescence) indeterminate.
- without any limit of time or number
- not certain or determined; unsettled
- without exact limits; indeterminatean indefinite number
- vague, evasive, or unclear
- Also: indeterminate botany
- too numerous to countindefinite stamens
- capable of continued growth at the tip of the stem, which does not terminate in a floweran indefinite inflorescence