- characteristic of or befitting an infant; babyish; childish: infantile behavior.
- of or relating to infants or infancy: infantile diseases.
- Physical Geography. youthful(def 5).
- like a child in action or behaviour; childishly immature; puerile
- of, relating to, or characteristic of infants or infancy
- in an early stage of development
mid-15c., “pertaining to infants,” from Latin infantilis “pertaining to an infant,” from infans (see infant). Sense of “infant-like” is from 1772.
- Of or relating to infants or infancy.
- Displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity; extremely childish.