- capable of being set on fire; combustible; flammable.
- easily aroused or excited, as to passion or anger; irascible: an inflammable disposition.
- something inflammable.
- liable to catch fire; flammable
- readily aroused to anger or passion
- something that is liable to catch fire
early 15c., in medicine, “liable to inflammation,” from Middle French inflammable and directly from Medieval Latin inflammabilis, from Latin inflammare (see inflame). As “able to be set alight,” c.1600. Related: Inflammability.