- act of flowing in.
- an inflow (opposed to outflux): an influx of tourists.
- the place at which one stream flows into another or into the sea.
- the mouth of a stream.
- the arrival or entry of many people or things
- the act of flowing in; inflow
- the mouth of a stream or river
1620s, from French influx (1540s) or directly from Late Latin influxus “a flowing in,” from past participle stem of influere “to flow in” (see influence). Originally of rivers, air, light, spiritual light, etc.; used of people from 1650s.