- a medicine, allergen, or other substance that is inhaled.
- any volatile substance, as nitrous oxide, butyl nitrite, toluene, gasoline, or paint thinner, capable of being inhaled, sometimes abused for its intoxicating effect.
- used for inhaling.
- (esp of a volatile medicinal formulation) inhaled for its soothing or therapeutic effect
- an inhalant medicinal formulation
1825 (adj.), c.1830 (n.)., from Latin inhalantem, present participle of inhalare (see inhale).
- Used in or for inhaling.
- Something that is inhaled, especially a drug that is delivered to the respiratory passages by a nebulizer or an aerosol container.