- harmful, hurtful, or detrimental, as in effect: injurious eating habits.
- doing or involving injury or wrong, as to another: injurious behavior.
- insulting; abusive; defamatory; offensive: an injurious statement.
- causing damage or harm; deleterious; hurtful
- abusive, slanderous, or libellous
early 15c., “abusive,” from Middle French injurios (14c., Modern French injurieux) and directly from Latin injuriosus “unlawful, wrongful, harmful, noxious,” from injuria (see injury). Related: Injuriously.