- of or relating to an inquisitor or inquisition.
- exercising the office of an inquisitor.
- pertaining to a trial with one person or group inquiring into the facts and acting as both prosecutor and judge.
- pertaining to secret criminal prosecutions.
- resembling an inquisitor in harshness or intrusiveness.
- inquisitive; prying.
- of, relating to, or resembling inquisition or an inquisitor
- offensively curious; prying
- law denoting criminal procedure in which one party is both prosecutor and judge, or in which the trial is held in secretCompare accusatorial (def. 2)