- the arranging of music for , especially for an orchestra.
- the list of for which a composition is scored.
- the use of, or work done by, .
- agency; .
- the science of developing, manufacturing, and utilizing , especially those used in science and industry.
- the instruments specified in a musical score or arrangement
- the arrangement of a piece of music for an orchestra; orchestration
- the study of the characteristics of musical instruments
- the use of instruments or tools
- means; agency
“composition and arrangement of music for instruments,” 1845, from French instrumentation, from instrument (see + ).