- adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
- the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.
- a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of a ship’s hull.
- adherence to moral principles; honesty
- the quality of being unimpaired; soundness
- unity; wholeness
c.1400, “innocence, blamelessness; chastity, purity,” from Old French integrité or directly from Latin integritatem (nominative integritas) “soundness, wholeness, blamelessness,” from integer “whole” (see ). Sense of “wholeness, perfect condition” is mid-15c.
- The state of being unimpaired; soundness or wholeness.