- jitters, nervousness; a feeling of fright or uneasiness (usually preceded by the): Every time I have to make a speech, I get the jitters.
- fluctuations in the image on a television screen or in copy received by facsimile transmission, caused by interference or by momentary failures of synchronization.
verb (used without object)
- to behave nervously.
- (intr) to be anxious or nervous
- the jitters nervousness and anxiety
- electronics small rapid variations in the amplitude or timing of a waveform arising from fluctuations in the voltage supply, mechanical vibrations, etc
“to move agitatedly,” 1931, American English; see jitters. Related: Jittered; jittering.