- a seaport in NE Brazil.
- a state in E Brazil. 21,760 sq. mi. (56,360 sq. km). Capital: João Pessoa.
- a state of NE Brazil, on the Atlantic: consists of a coastal strip, with hills and plains inland; irrigated agriculture. Capital: João Pessoa. Pop: 3 494 893 (2002). Area: 56 371 sq km (21 765 sq miles)
- Also called: Paraíba do Sul (ˈduː sul) a river in SE Brazil, flowing southwest and then northeast to the Atlantic near Campos. Length: 1060 km (660 miles)
- Also called: Paraíba do Norte (ˈduː ˈnɔrtə) a river in NE Brazil, in Paraíba state, flowing northeast and east to the Atlantic. Length: 386 km (240 miles)
- the former name (until 1930) of João Pessoa
- a port in NE Brazil, capital of Paraíba state. Pop: 931 000 (2005 est)