- one of a group of persons sworn to deliver a verdict in a case submitted to them; member of a jury.
- one of the panel from which a jury is selected.
- one of a group of people who judge a competition.
- a person who has taken an oath or sworn allegiance.
- a member of a jury
- a person whose name is included on a panel from which a jury is selected
- a person who takes an oath
c.1300 (attested from late 12c. in Anglo-Latin), from Anglo-French jurour (late 13c.; Old French jureor), from Latin iuratorem (nominative iurator) “swearer,” agent noun from iurare “to swear” (see jury (n.)).