- a unit of mass equal to 1000 grams: the basic unit of mass in the International System of Units(SI), equal to the mass of the international prototype of the kilogram, a platinum-iridium cylinder kept in Sèvres, France. Abbreviation: kg
- a unit of force and weight, equal to the force that produces an acceleration of 9.80665 meters per second per second when acting on a mass of one kilogram. Abbreviation: kg
- one thousand grams
- the basic SI unit of mass, equal to the mass of the international prototype held by the Bureau International des Poids et Mesures. One kilogram is equivalent to 2.204 62 pounds
- The base unit of mass in the International System of Units, equal to 1,000 grams (2.2046 pounds).
- The basic unit of mass in the metric system, equal to 1,000 grams (2.2 pounds). See Table at measurement.