noun (used with a singular verb) Physics.
- the branch of mechanics that deals with the actions of forces in producing or changing the motion of masses.
noun (functioning as singular)
- another name for dynamics (def. 2)
- the branch of mechanics, including both dynamics and kinematics, concerned with the study of bodies in motion
- the branch of dynamics that excludes the study of bodies at rest
- the branch of chemistry concerned with the rates of chemical reactions
- The branch of mechanics concerned with the effects of forces on the motion of a body or system of bodies, especially of forces that do not originate within the system itself.dynamics
- The branch of chemistry concerned with the rates of change in the concentration of reactants in a chemical reaction.
- See dynamics.