- a person employed in, or in charge of, a kitchen.
- an elaborate kitchen stove.
- Horatio Herbert1st Earl Kitchener of Khartoum and of Broome, 1850–1916, English field marshal and statesman.
- a city in S Ontario, in SE Canada.
- an industrial town in SE Canada, in S Ontario: founded in 1806 as Dutch Sand Hills, it was renamed Berlin in 1830 and Kitchener in 1916. Pop: 190 399 (2001)
- Horatio Herbert, 1st Earl Kitchener of Khartoum. 1850–1916, British field marshal. As head of the Egyptian army (1892–98), he expelled the Mahdi from the Sudan (1898), occupying Khartoum; he also commanded British forces (1900–02) in the Boer War and (1902–09) in India. He conducted the mobilization of the British army for World War I as war minister (1914–16); he was drowned on his way to Russia