- a person or thing that knocks.
- a hinged knob, bar, etc., on a door, for use in knocking.
- Informal. a persistent and carping critic; faultfinder.
- Slang: Vulgar. a female breast.
- on the knocker, British Slang. canvassing or selling door-to-door.
- an object, usually ornamental and made of metal, attached to a door by a hinge and used for knocking
- informal a person who finds fault or disparages
- (usually plural) slang a female breast
- a person or thing that knocks
- on the knocker Australian and NZ informal promptly; at onceyou pay on the knocker here
late 14c., agent noun from knock. Sense of “door banger” is by 1590s. Knockers “a woman’s breasts” is slang attested from 1941.