< /ˈleɪ bi ə/.
- a lip or liplike part.
- a lip or lip-shaped structure or part.
- any of the folds of skin bordering the vulva.
- Botany. the lower lip of a bilabiate corolla.
- Entomology. the posterior, unpaired member of the mouthparts of an insect, formed by the united second maxillae.
- the plural of labium
noun plural -bia (-bɪə)
- a lip or liplike structure
- any one of the four lip-shaped folds of the female vulvaSee labia majora, labia minora
- the fused pair of appendages forming the lower lip of insects
- the lower lip of the corolla of labiate flowers
n.from Latin labia, plural of labium “lip” (see lip (n.)). Specifically of the folds on either side of the vulva from 1630s (labia pudendi). n.1590s, plural labia, from Latin labium “lip” (see lip (n.)). n. pl la•bi•a (-bē-ə)
- A lip or lip-shaped anatomical structure.
- Any of four folds of tissue of the female external genitalia.
- Either of two pairs of folds of tissue that make up part of the external genitalia of female mammals.