- having parts that are shaped or arranged like lips; lipped.
- belonging to the plant family Labiatae (or Lamiaceae).Compare mint family.
- two-lipped; bilabiate: said of a gamopetalous corolla or gamosepalous calyx.
- a labiate plant.
- any plant of the family Lamiaceae (formerly Labiatae), having square stems, aromatic leaves, and a two-lipped corolla: includes mint, thyme, sage, rosemary, etc
- of, relating to, or belonging to the family Lamiaceae
adj.“having a lip or lip-like part,” 1706, from Modern Latin labiatus “lipped,” from Latin labium “lip” (see lip (n.)).