- a canton in central Switzerland. 576 sq. mi. (1490 sq. km).
- the capital of this canton, on Lake of Lucerne.
- Lake of. Also called Lake of the Four Forest Cantons. a lake in central Switzerland. 24 miles (39 km) long; 44 sq. mi. (114 sq. km).
- British another name for alfalfa
- a canton in central Switzerland, northwest of Lake Lucerne: joined the Swiss Confederacy in 1332. Pop: 352 300 (2002 est). Area: 1494 sq km (577 sq miles)
- a city in central Switzerland, capital of Lucerne canton, on Lake Lucerne: tourist centre. Pop: 59 496 (2000)
- Lake Lucerne a lake in central Switzerland: fed and drained chiefly by the River Reuss. Area: 115 sq km (44 sq miles)German name: Vierwaldstättersee