- noting or relating to traditional print and broadcast media, when regarded as lacking the fairness, creativity, etc., of independent online news sources.
- noting or relating to a person or thing that has achieved mainstream popularity but is perceived as no longer original, creative, etc.
- traditional print and broadcast media, when regarded as lacking fairness, creativity, etc.: The lamestream has suppressed information about the suicides.
- the traditional media such as newspapers, television, and radio, considered by some people as old-fashioned and gullible when compared to online news sources such as blogs
- (as modifier)the lamestream media