- Old Testament. a large basin upon a foot or pedestal in the court of the Hebrew tabernacle and subsequently in the temple, containing water for the ablutions of the priests and for the washing of the sacrifices in the temple service.
- Ecclesiastical. the font or water of baptism.
- any spiritually cleansing agency.
- a basin, bowl, or cistern to wash in.
- any bowl or pan for water.
- any of several edible seaweeds, especially of the genus Porphyra.
- Rod(ney George),born 1938, Australian tennis player.
- Old Testament a large basin of water used by the priests for ritual ablutions
- the font or the water of baptism
- any of several seaweeds of the genus Porphyra and related genera, with edible fronds: phylum Rhodophyta (red algae)
- Rod (ney) (George). born 1938, Australian tennis player: won eleven Grand Slam singles titles (1960–69), including all four in a single year twice (1962, 1969)