- something that leads in or introduces; introduction; opening.
- Radio, Television.
- the connection between an antenna and a transmitter or receiving set.
- the portion of a program or script that precedes or introduces a commercial.
- (of a conductor) carrying input to an electric or electronic device or circuit, especially from an antenna.
- an introduction to a subject
- (as modifier)a lead-in announcement
- the connection between a radio transmitter, receiver, etc, and the aerial or transmission line