- Greek Návpaktos. a seaport in W Greece, on the Lepanto Strait: Turkish sea power destroyed here 1571.
- Gulf of. Corinth, Gulf of.
- Strait of. Also called Rion Strait. a strait between the Ionian Sea and the Gulf of Corinth. 1 mile (1.6 km) wide.
- (lɪˈpæntəʊ) a port in W Greece, between the Gulfs of Corinth and Patras: scene of a naval battle (1571) in which the Turkish fleet was defeated by the fleets of the Holy League. Pop (municipality): 18 259 (2001)Greek name: Návpaktos
- Gulf of Lepanto another name for the (Gulf of) Corinth