- an injury; hurt; wound.
- Pathology. any localized, abnormal structural change in the body.
- Plant Pathology. any localized, defined area of diseased tissue, as a spot, canker, blister, or scab.
verb (used with object)
- to cause a lesion or lesions in.
- any structural change in a bodily part resulting from injury or disease
- an injury or wound
n.early 15c., from Middle French lesion, from Latin laesionem (nominative laesio) “injury,” from past participle stem of laedere “to strike, hurt, damage,” of unknown origin. Originally with reference to any sort of hurt, whether physical or not. n.
- A wound or an injury.
- A localized pathological change in a bodily organ or tissue.
- An infected or diseased patch of skin.