- the process of printing from letters or type in relief, rather than from intaglio plates or planographically.
- matter printed in such a manner.
- Chiefly British. printed text or reading matter, as distinguished from illustrations.
- by letterpress: The circular should be printed letterpress, not offset.
- set in letterpress: letterpress work.
- a method of printing in which ink is transferred from raised surfaces to paper by pressure; relief printing
- matter so printed
- text matter as distinct from illustrations