noun, plural lev·a [lev–uh] /ˈlɛv ə/.
- a coin and monetary unit of Bulgaria, equal to 100 stotinki. Abbreviation: L., LV.
- variant of levo- before a vowel: levulose.
- LeonLev, or Leib, Davidovich Bronstein, 1879–1940, Russian revolutionary and writer: minister of war 1918–25.
noun plural leva (ˈlɛvə)
- the standard monetary unit of Bulgaria, divided into 100 stotinki
- Leon, original name Lev Davidovich Bronstein . 1879–1940, Russian revolutionary and Communist theorist. He was a leader of the November Revolution (1917) and, as commissar of foreign affairs and war (1917–24), largely created the Red Army. He was ousted by Stalin after Lenin’s death and deported from Russia (1929); assassinated by a Stalinist agent
n.monetary unit of Bulgaria, introduced 1881, literally “lion” (see leu).