- inclined to, characterized by, or inciting to lust or lechery; lascivious.
- obscene or indecent, as language or songs; salacious.
- low, ignorant, or vulgar.
- base, vile, or wicked, especially of a person.
- bad, worthless, or poor, especially of a thing.
- characterized by or intended to excite crude sexual desire; obscene
adj.Old English læwede “nonclerical,” of uncertain origin but probably ultimately from Vulgar Latin *laigo-, from Latin laicus (see lay (adj.)). Sense of “unlettered, uneducated” (early 13c.) descended to “coarse, vile, lustful” by late 14c. Related: Lewdly; lewdness.