- a thin, membranous outgrowth from the base of the blade of most grasses.
- a strap-shaped corolla, as in the ray flowers of the head of certain composite plants.
- a membranous outgrowth at the junction between the leaf blade and sheath in many grasses and sedges
- a strap-shaped corolla, such as that of a ray floret in the daisy
- A straplike structure, such as the long flattened lobe of the corolla of a ray flower or a membranous or hairy appendage between the sheath and blade of a grass leaf.