- a representation, picture, or image, especially a portrait: to draw a good likeness of Churchill.
- the state or fact of being like: I can’t get over your likeness to my friend.
- the semblance or appearance of something; guise: to assume the likeness of a swan.
- the condition of being alike; similarity
- a painted, carved, moulded, or graphic image of a person or thing
- an imitative appearance; semblance
n.Old English (Northumbrian) licnes “likeness, similarity; figure, statue, image,” shortened from gelicness; see like (adj.) + -ness.