- George,1824–1905, Scottish novelist and poet.
- Sir John Alexander,1815–91, Canadian statesman, born in Scotland: first prime minister 1867–73, 1878–91.
- James Ramsay,1866–1937, British statesman and labor leader: prime minister 1924, 1929–35.
- Flora. 1722–90, Scottish heroine, who helped the Young Pretender to escape to Skye after his defeat at the battle of Culloden (1746)
- Sir John Alexander. 1815–91, Canadian statesman, born in Scotland, who was the first prime minister of the Dominion of Canada (1867–73; 1878–91)
- (James) Ramsay . 1866–1937, British statesman, who led the first and second Labour Governments (1924 and 1929–31). He also led a coalition (1931–35), which the majority of the Labour Party refused to support