- a member of the ethnic group, of the Finno-Ugric stock, that forms the predominant element of the population of Hungary.
- Hungarian(def 3).
- of or relating to the Magyars or their language; Hungarian.
- plural -yars a member of the predominant ethnic group of Hungary, also found in NW Siberia
- the Hungarian language
- of or relating to the Magyars or their language
- sewing of or relating to a style of sleeve cut in one piece with the bodice
“a Hungarian,” 1797, the people’s native name. As an adjective by 1828.