noun, verb (used with object), med·i·vacked, med·i·vack·ing.
- a helicopter for evacuating the wounded from a battlefield.
- an ambulance or other vehicle equipped for emergency transport of medical patients.
- any of the trained personnel transporting or otherwise tending to the sick or wounded in a medevac.
verb (used with object), med·e·vacked, med·e·vack·ing.
- to transport (sick or wounded persons) by medevac.
- -vacs, -vacking or -vacked a variant spelling of medevac
- military the evacuation of casualties from forward areas to the nearest hospital or base
- a helicopter used for transporting wounded or sick people to hospital
verb -vacs, -vacking or -vacked
- (tr) to transport (a wounded or sick person) to hospital by medevac
1966, U.S. military, formed from elements of medical evacuation. n.
- Air transport of persons to a place where they can receive medical or surgical care; medical evacuation.
- A helicopter or other aircraft used for such transport.
- To transport a patient to a place where medical care is available.