- Psychiatry. a symptom of mental illness marked by delusions of greatness, wealth, etc.
- an obsession with doing extravagant or grand things.
- a mental illness characterized by delusions of grandeur, power, wealth, etc
- informal a lust or craving for power
n.“delusions of greatness,” 1866, from French mégalomanie; see megalo- + mania “madness.” n.
- A psychopathological condition in which delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence predominate.
- An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.
Delusions of grandeur; an extreme form of egotism. Adolf Hitler is generally considered to have been a megalomaniac.