noun (used with a singular or plural verb) Physiology.
- the periodic flow of blood and mucosal tissue from the uterus; menstrual flow.
- propriety; discretion.
verb (used with object), mensed, mens·ing.
- to adorn; bring honor to; grace.
noun, plural men’s.
- a range of sizes in even and odd numbers for garments made for men.
- a garment in this size range.
- the department or section of a store where these garments are sold.
noun plural menses
- another name for menstruation
- the period of time, usually from three to five days, during which menstruation occurs
- the matter discharged during menstruation
n.“monthly discharge of blood from the uterus,” 1590s, from Latin menses, plural of mensis “month” (see moon (n.)). n.
- The monthly flow of blood and cellular debris from the uterus that begins at puberty and ceases at menopause.catamenia emmenia menstrual period
- See menstruation.