- so small as to be invisible or indistinct without the use of the microscope: microscopic organisms.Compare macroscopic.
- very small; tiny.
- of, relating to, or involving a microscope: microscopic investigation.
- very detailed; meticulous: a microscopic view of society.
- suggestive of the precise use of the microscope; minute: microscopic exactness.
- not large enough to be seen with the naked eye but visible under a microscopeCompare macroscopic
- very small; minute
- of, concerned with, or using a microscope
- characterized by or done with great attention to detail
adj.1732, “like a microscope;” see microscope + -ic. Meaning “of minute size” is from 1760s. Related: Microscopical; microscopically. adj.
- Too small to be seen by the unaided eye but large enough to be studied under a microscope.
- Of, relating to, or concerned with a microscope.
- Being or characterized as exceedingly small; minute.