- average middle-class Americans as a group, as distinguished from the rich or poor or the politically extreme.
- the Midwest.
- continental North America S of the U.S., comprising Mexico, Central America, and usually the West Indies. 1,060,118 sq. mi. (2,745,705 sq. km).
- of or relating to the territories between the US and South America or their inhabitants
- of or relating to the US middle class, esp those groups that are politically conservative
- a native or inhabitant of Middle America
- a member of the US middle class
- the territories between the US and South America: Mexico, Central America, Panama, and the Greater and Lesser Antilles
- the US middle class, esp those groups that are politically conservative
The interior regions of the United States, as distinguished from the East Coast and West Coast.