- a member of a pastoral people now living chiefly in Mongolia.
- a person having Mongoloid characteristics.
- any Mongolian language.
- (often lowercase) Pathology. (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person affected with Down syndrome; Mongoloid.
- a formerly used and now highly offensive name for a person affected by Down’s syndrome
- a native or inhabitant of Mongolia, esp a nomad
- the Mongolian language
1738 (n.); 1763 (adj.), native name, said to be from mong “brave.”