- Joseph, Jr.Joe, born 1956, U.S. football player.
- a state in the NW United States. 147,138 sq. mi. (381,085 sq. km). Capital: Helena. Abbreviation: MT (for use with zip code), Mont.
- a native or inhabitant of Montana
- of or relating to Montana or its inhabitants
- a state of the western US: consists of the Great Plains in the east and the Rocky Mountains in the west. Capital: Helena. Pop: 917 621 (2003 est). Area: 377 070 sq km (145 587 sq miles)Abbreviation: Mont, (with zip code) MT
- Joe. born 1958, American football quarterback
U.S. state, from Latinized form of Spanish montaña “mountain,” from Latin mont-, stem of mons (see mountain). Proposed 1864 by U.S. Rep. James H. Ashley of Ohio when it was created as a territory from Nebraska Territory, in reference to the Rocky Mountains, which however traverse only one end of it. Admitted as a state 1889. Related: Montanan. State in the northwestern United States, lying partly in the Rocky Mountains, bordered by British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan, Canada, to the north; North Dakota and South Dakota to the east; Wyoming to the south; and Idaho to the west. Its capital is Helena, and its largest city is Billings.